Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Odds and Ends

First of all, the bRiLLiaNt illustrator, Kelly Murphy, has posted a sneak preview of the second Nathaniel Fludd cover. Love it! Check it out here. Poor Nate is about to enter The Basilisk's Lair...

Also, found THE best research resource EVER. Well, okay. Maybe just the best research resource for Theodosia and the Last Pharaoh. Rice University has a Travelers in the Middle East electronic archive that is chock full of late 19th century travel accounts, guidebooks, and photographs. I love the internet.

Also, for anyone in the Los Angeles area, I will be speaking on a panel at a meeting of the Greater Los Angeles Writer's Society this Saturday. It's free, so if you're in the area, think about stopping by! I'm very excited because I'll be speaking with some of my favorite authors, Mary Hershey, Val Hobbs, and Lee Wardlaw.


2 comments:

Story Weaver said...

Shame I won't be in Los Angeles any time soon. :(
I love the TIMEA search!I've always been fascinated with Egypt since...2nd grade.

kelmurphy said...

Hi R.L.! Thanks so much for the nice complement, and the Timea link is AWESOME!!

Good luck in LA!