I am now the proud owner of:
- A pretty, brightly colored notebook with matching dividers in which to organize all my royalty statements since 2003. (And I will be doing a post on royalties here in a little bit, so stay tuned.)
- Five (Yes! Five!) calendars. (I may have a bit of a calendar addiction, truth be told.) Two small size pocket monthly calendars, one wall type calendar, but without a hanger, and my indispensable, holds my life together, At A Glance Weekly Calendar (with Quick Notes!) which is my main, keep track of everything organizer. I use one of the pocket calendars to schedule and organize my posting schedule over on Shrinking Violets, and the second one to do the same for my posting schedule over on GeekMom now that I’m a core contributor. The third one is to track my personal health stuff—list what days I exercised, for how long, make a note of when I have a migraine or insomnia, try to track (and therefore give myself the illusion of control!) my physical life.
- Three packages of colored post it notes.
- Another three packages of the tiny post it note flags.
- A totally old school type budget ledger that I use for household budgeting. (And no, I’m not a Luddite, but I like the act of laying it out each month by hand—it makes me feel very present and in control of my finances.)
- A big, brightly colored envelope to hold all my business receipts.
- Four ‘hard-backed’ spiralbound notebooks for journaling and drafting.
My next step is to organize my writing nest. I am trying to decide if I’m brave enough to take a picture of the massive notebook spread I’ve got going in my workspace. It is seriously scary, but I don’t have anywhere else to put it all. This year I want to buy a big credenza thing, one with at least three and possibly four doors, one for each series I’m working on. That way I can just stack up all my research books, series bibles, old journals and notebooks behind each door and voila! Everything I need at my fingertips.
I mean, if I’m juggling three different series, it seems as if one little ol’ credenza isn’t too much to ask...
What about you? What are your Must Have Organizational supplies?