Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lost Words


I have lost my words. It's making me insane. They used to come so quickly, I couldn't type fast enough to keep up with them. Now, I have to sit and think and fumble and grope. Argh! It's torture!

I'm not sure if I've used them all up (Just how many is one's lifetime allotment of words, anyway?) or need to fill the well or what, but it's making me insane.

(Just to be clear, this isn't writer's block, it's can't-find-the-right-word syndrome.)

If you find my words, will you let me know?? Because I kind of need them for this here book that I'm writing....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

They'll come, Robin. Maybe try a day just READING, nothing related to your book? Just immerse yourself in words, with no pressure?

Sherrie Petersen said...

I love that program that scrambles the words. I did one for my book "Secret of Undine." It came out pretty cool.

Jennifer Darlington said...

Try opening a new word document or a scratch piece of paper and write a whole bunch of wrong words, the right ones will get jealous and poke their heads up, when they do, grab them by the ears!

Robin L said...

That's what I did yesterday afternoon, Becky. We'll see if it helps.

I'd never done a word cloud before, Sherrie. It was very cool to see.

LOL, Artsymommachic. I LOVE that idea. I'm pretty sure these words are the jealous type, so I'm guessing it will work. :-)

Story Weaver said...

Tried a word cloud too. LOVE IT. i made one with my blog's url; http://www.wordle.net/gallery/wrdl/1012645/MY_Blog

If you haven't tried it yet you HAVE TO.

Story Weaver said...

Jeez, I hate it when my words began playing hide and seek.
I can relate.

Celtic Traveler said...

My Dad says that words come through me so fast that I have to write so fast to get them down. (Probably why my handwriting is chicken scratch.) Whenever I get stuck, I just open my notebook of words I've "collected" and written down. Or I just read "Series of Unfortunate Events", which is chock-full of good words.
hope that helps.

Robin L said...

Story Weaver, I loved your word cloud! So colorful! And with such a nice variety of words.

Celtic Traveler, I love the idea of collecting words in a notebook. I'll have to try that. I need to collect some verbs, as well. Seems as if I'm always bumping into rather pale, flaccid verbs and I like strong vibrant ones...